Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SNOW ICE-CREAM

One of my favorite childhood Winter memories was the snow ice-cream that we made every time we had a good snowfall. We added raw eggs back then, but don't do that. You can add a little chocolate syrup if you want though.
This blizzard that has left the Mid-West in a bind today has at least one redeeming quality. The snow is super cold, and very fine. There's plenty of it.

Here's the recipe:

1 c sugar
2 c milk
1 T vanilla

Mix that up then slowly add to a big bowl with at least a gallon of fresh snow. Stir until it is somewhat smooth and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you followed me because now I can stalk you. Also, glad you have this recipe on here. I want to make it but I'm afraid there will not be any fresh snow around here with all these animals. Maybe when it snows again I can put a cup out to catch it.

    ReplyDelete