Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Monday, September 26, 2011

Talk About Deadlines!!!


Okay, so I don't blog much,but believe me, I'm BUSY. So, today was the deadline to get a piece made for an artist trade that Patrick Gill has going over at The Hive. I had started it a month ago at least. I got the head done, and the wire armature for the body. Since then I have been so busy that I haven't been able to get back to it. So, with the deadline looming hours away, I started working on it again today, the first day that I haven't been swamped in work for other events and local shows. That starts again tomorrow. Today was for this.



I went out and found a stick while the dog was running, and whittled it into a broom handle, then made the dress, and attached it. The I formed the arms and hands one side at a time, and baked them while cleaning house while waiting. Then the legs were formed and baked while I painted some steps. Then the shoes were formed, and the witch was popped in the toaster oven while I scrubbed a floor. Then my friend showed up so we could go to lunch. I got back three hours later, and finished her hair, made her hat, and quickly sculpted the kitty. I strung it all up with monofilament line, and - there you have it. A 3-d replica of a vintage Halloween postcard. And, I made it in plenty of time, as well as having a clean house, freshly painted steps, and getting to hang out with a friend. Productive day, I'd say.


No comments:

Post a Comment